IF
Call if you need help. This year has been a little disjointed for me. I know I have sent out a lot of emails lately. I got behind on some work, so I am playing catch up right now.
Tech Survey
If you have not turned in your tech survey-please do so.
Technology-Our Vision for the Future
Here are some of the words that have come up for a vision:
future, focus on tomorrow, communication, simplify/efficiency, all, facilitate learning, student success (achievement), daily immersion, variety, stable, practical, real-world, interactive, differentiated, motivational, higher level thinking. Do you see any of these that you feel should be a high priority as far as our vision in technology? Let me know!
I have compiled all your answers for the seven questions by school in a database to present to the technology committee.
Are you ready for some Wiki? How about a Blog?
If you are interested in starting a blog or a Wiki for your class, let me know. I can explain some of the advantages and drawbacks. If enough people are interested, I may do a little class after school sometime. Of course, I know you are busy, so this does not have to be a right away thing. I run several blogs and several Wikis. Some are for personal stuff and some are for business and some are for school. I share football pictures with other parents through a blog, but I don't have very many because the games are at night. The same is true with the video. I am also trying to get a staff development one started with the dates and info. on different trainings. If you get a chance, send me an email with your latest workshop knowledge.
Too find out more, click on one of the blogs below. Where it says "next blog" see what people around the world are doing.
Click on next blog to see more examples of blogs. Do talk to me first if you are going to use it for school. There are a couple of things you might want to know. You can comment to any post.
Three of the Blogs I do:
Staff Development: http://washakie1wyoming.blogspot.com/
Football: http://riversidehighschoolrebels.blogspot.com/
School Integration: http://denisekd.blogspot.com/
East Side:
Sorry for running over time with the 5 minute lessons. I think I only have the document camera left. I will stick to 5-6 minutes! I sometimes gets a little excited about technology and try to do too much.
A funny forward:
Dear Diary,
For my birthday this year, my daughter (the dear)
purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me.
Although I am still in great shape since being a high school cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.
I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Brad, who identified himself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.
My daughter seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.
MONDAY:
Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Brad waiting for me. He is something of a Greek god - with blond hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo-Hoo!! Brad gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!
Brad was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week-!!
TUESDAY:
I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door.
Brad made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then he put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Brad's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT-!! It's a whole new life for me.
WEDNESDAY:
The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.
Brad was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. His voice is a little too perky for early in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Brad put me on the stair monster. Why the heck would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Brad told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other stupid stuff too.
THURSDAY :
Brad was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late, it took me that long to tie my shoes.
Brad took me to work out with dumbbells. When he was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. He sent some skinny witch to find me.
Then, as punishment, he put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.
FRIDAY :
I hate that Brad more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid little idiot. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it.
Brad wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the darn barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich. The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher.
Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?
SATURDAY :
Brad left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing him made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.
SUNDAY :
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank the good Lord that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my daughter (whom I'm not speaking to) will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds.