Tuesday, February 10, 2009

PineCove Conference-Virtual Field Trips

PineCove Technology Conference
Casper, WY

There was a lot of disucssion on virtual field trips. I am very excited. This CILC group has a whole list of Virtual Classroom providers. Some of these content providres include, The National Baseball Hall of Fame, zoos, museums from all over, etc.

There is a rural school in Oklahama that uses this for:
Staff Development
Teaching Classes
Team-Teaching
Collaborative Projects
Virtual Field Trips
Teaching classes such as Spanish and recovering the cost by charging other schools to use it

The only drawback...it seems as if it has to go through WEN video. I am talking to Kathy about this. She says it is a state decision. We will need to look into this. I will put the Virtual Field Trips sheet in schools.

A low tech way is to use web cams
MOVI, POLYCAM and LIFE SIZE are examples of some of the appliances that can be used to have high quaility.